Monday, November 15, 2004

Everything going smoothly, I see...

Carnage and chaos in Falujah over the weekend. A striking story here from an AP photographer fleeing for his life...
Hussein moved from house to house dodging gunfire and reached the river.

"I decided to swim … but I changed my mind after seeing U.S. helicopters firing on and killing people who tried to cross the river."

He watched horrified as a family of five was shot dead as they tried to cross. Then, he "helped bury a man by the river bank, with my own hands."
I just feel safer every day, reading these stories! We're really shining the light over there.

(via Hullabaloo)

Update: Bush continues to see this conflict through rose-colored glasses:
"Our forces have made significant progress in the last several days. They are taking back the city, clearing mosques of weapons and explosives stockpiled by insurgents and restoring order for law-abiding citizens," Bush said.
Um, is that the law-abiding citizens who are out of range?

(via Atrios)

Update 2: A grim take from WTF on the degree of slaughter . . .

No comments: