Tuesday, November 16, 2004

A frood who knows where his towel is...

I tend not to see movie adaptations of books that I really enjoyed -- at best, they reproduce something I've already read (when there are so many other great stories out there to read or see). At worst, they ruin the images and personalities that I spent a long time getting to know, or show no understanding of the nuances to the story.

Is it better or worse when the adaptation is a bit closer? I have indeed read Douglas Adams' Hitchiker books (or at least some of them), and a few years back I had the pleasure of meeting those characters in the original BBC radio dramas (loaned to me by pal Jer). Would I like the scenes as visualized through somebody else's eyes? The lines with new voices? Apparently I'll have to make a decision next spring about whether to see the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy (see also here) on the big screen.don't panic

Can that much ludicrosity be captured on film?

(via Ghost in the Machine)

No comments: