Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I can barely move

Put in an 18-hour day yesterday -- at the polls all day, signing in our voters, calling those who hadn't turned out, coordinating canvassers for addresses we never reached. Great experience, excellent feeling of being part of a community, unbelievable turnout in Philadelphia (around 70% at all the urban wards). And the city went 5:1 for Kerry, and we hoisted the state on our backs.

And by the time my body forced me to quit at midnight, all the day's hope and encouragement had been leached away. And I can barely face the prospect of a "normal day" today.

For those who share my disheartenment, I recommend to you this post by Meteor Blades at dailyKos, who reminds us why we got into this, cautions us from falling upon one another in our disappointment, and urges us to regroup for the many battles that the coming years will require...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/11/3/61013/0352

No comments: