Monday, September 12, 2005

Facing into the wind

Yes, I'm back, but I find that I don't have much to say today. Even getting my news via Le Monde (and only once all week), I got a pretty complete dose of the toxic mix of empathy overload with outrage burnout. The whole New Orleans thing is very hard to watch, let alone talk about, and I defer to the stauncher constitutions of others.

Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.
- Flannery O'Connor,
writer (1925-1964)
(via A.W.A.D.)

Meantime, always good for difficult times, a little bit of kitten tummy:

Pixel tummy


Update: Examples of how I can hardly process all of this: one of a dozen stories of officials making things worse, and Wal-Mart appearing to be doing more good than the government can manage . . . (via Atrios)

No comments: