Friday, December 02, 2005

Friday frolic

I am too groggy to function. Which means it's going to be a long day. So, to blow off a bit more time before I bite the bullet, here are a few silly links to get you through the weekend.
  • Somebody's keeping an archive of absurd patents. This reminds me of a board game I grew up with, called Inventors (I think) which involved real patents like an automatic hat-tipper and a light-up cat mouse-frightener. heh.
    (via Follow Me Here)

  • Science unravels that age-old mystery: why do floating Cheerios clump together? You know you wanted to know.
    (via kottke)

  • Here's a bunch of corporate logos on insects. No, I don't know why, leave me alone.
    (via boing boing)

  • No link, just a quote:

    Bush: "The buck doesn't even slow down here."

    (from a dailyKos sig file, Cygjelly)

  • This you really have wanted to know: if you dug straight through the earth, where exactly would you end up? The magic of Googlemapping.
    (via IMAO)

  • And finally, a real weekend resource, the Beer Belly -- one that can actually smuggle your beer anywhere you want to drink!
    (via pal Bill H.)

No comments: