Friday, March 03, 2006

Um, say what???!?!?!?!

cross-burning to resume shortlyApparently there's a bill in the Missouri legislature to establish Christianity as the "official majority religion" of the state.
The resolution would recognize "a Christian god," and it would not protect minority religions, but "protect the majority's right to express their religious beliefs."

The resolution also recognizes that, "a greater power exists," and only Christianity receives what the resolution calls, "justified recognition."
I am speechless.

(via Atrios)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like a complete MORON as I thought one of the big takeaways from EVERY history class I ever had was separation of CHURCH & STATE. I must have just consistently misunderstood this through my entire life.

If Missouri gets away with this, who knows how many states will follow suit (look at all the pro-life legislation occurring post-Alito)

ACM said...

yeah, you must have had some of the same (pinko patriot) teachers that I had. apparently we've all been deluded, or under the influence of the Devil.

sigh.