Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Politi-vacation

Will be lucky to get this posted on Wednesday at all, as Blogger has been unavailable all afternoon and may be for some time yet...

Am leaving town tomorrow to go roll in blogger politifest. Am very amused by the thought that there are politicians dying to get a glimpse of bloggers in the flesh.
Here, at last, is the impersonal ballroom with garish lighting and folding round tables, the throng of attendees whose hands can be shaken and shoulders gripped.
It's enough to make me want to bring pajamas to wear to every session, just to confirm their mental images...

Anyway, will be gone for additional time, and not back until next Friday. masthead snip I will have my computer with me, but am not sure whether I'm more likely to be revved up and blogging the conference (etc.), or revved up but then exhausted by the end of the day and you-must-be-kidding (as is more typical for my time away from home). For those who wish they could be there but won't, all the sessions are going to be streamed for a nominal fee.

No comments: