Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Did somebody draw the shades?

I swear that I can barely ever remember seeing a pundit of color in the last decade -- there's a crazy right-winger on Fox, and there are a couple who come out on Election Night, but watching this video (which is interesting for other reasons), I just kept thinking, Has the arrival of Obama suddenly made networks realize that there are brown talking heads out there as well as white? Or, um, made them willing to hear what black folks think? Maybe it's just me . . .

1 comment:

Ralph Dratman said...

I think you're right. Barack and Michelle, like Jack and Jackie, have become the focus of so much adulation that it's natural for people watchers to start putting lookalikes and sort-of-lookalikes in various visible places. It's almost like a fashion statement.

All in all, probably a good thing.