Friday, May 15, 2009

Crap-tacular

All that torturing, that is, which increasingly appears to have been aimed more at finding (nonexistant) connections between Iraq and Al Qaida, or supporting the claims of WMDs, than at finding any critical/time-sensitive information...sorrow
More and more the timeline is raising the question of why, if the torture was to prevent terrorist attacks, it seemed to happen mainly during the period when we were looking for what was essentially political information to justify the invasion of Iraq.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Most great torturing nations have put the bulk of their energies into obtaining false confessions...

Edit: from Hunter's Twitter feed, my sentiments in a nutshell:
After eight long years, I am tired of begging for basic laws to be enforced. I'm tired of it being our job, and of it being partisan.
Amen. (sigh)

No comments: