- Bre Pettis offers a manifesto from the Cult of Done, whose 13 pointed tenets include these winners:
2. Accept that everything is a draft. It helps to get it done.
4. Pretending you know what you're doing is almost the same as knowing what you are doing, so just accept that you know what you're doing even if you don't and do it.
10. Failure counts as done. So do mistakes.
- Finishing a Game, another post with lots of tips for thinking about projects, setting up collaborations, and actually bringing it all together.
If you treat finishing like a skill, rather than simply a step in the process, you can acknowledge not only that it’s something you can get better at, but also what habits and thought processes get in your way.
(first via Medley, 2nd via Rebecca's Pocket)