- The Green Lantern Theory of Geopolitics -- magical thinking explains a lot of counterproductive behavior by our leaders, especially with regard to unwinnable conflicts.
- Alan Grayson CALLS OUT Obama's Blue Dog Only Cabinet -- I'm sure all the recent corporate additions have really improved the range of ideas coming in...
- Top Wisconsin Court Ok's Putting Non-Sex-Offenders on Sex Offender Registry -- there's no tool for depriving folks of rights that we can't gleefully spread in ever wider directions.
- "Politically Correct": The Lazy Bully's Label of Choice
In short, any move to be more inclusive in extending consideration or respect, anything that challenges the comfortable world in which certain people quietly maintain their privileged status, may be met with a roll of the eyes and a sarcastic "Oops. I forgot we have to be politically correct here …"Comes up again and again.
- The Stupid, It Burns -- gender policing: it's always in fashion!!
- Renewed Push to Give Obama an Internet "Kill Switch" -- I don't want any one person to be able to turn off the Internet/free speech/internal communications. Is this really a serious proposal?!?
- Heritage Asks Issa To Reverse Decades Of Worker, Consumer, Environmental Laws -- so excited about this new GOP majority!
- Math and Economics Are Hard! -- like "reducing the deficit," "increasing productivity" is something that might not be a good goal during a serious downturn like ours. Too bad that those in charge of the recovery don't seem to understand that (among other things)!
Tuesday, February 01, 2011
Look out! Link dump!
Just too many tabs, languishing at the top of the screen forgotten. Just barely feeding this blog these days, as with so much else in my life... First installment is from the Grumpy files: latest outrages, ongoing woes, etc.