- Enough With the Breast-feeding Wars!
It's a measure of how crazed we have become on this topic that just saying, "It's not such a big deal!" is a big deal. Our culture is hung up on mama's milk, and the undercurrent is: Why should anyone consider what is best for the mom when the baby's whole future is at stake?If only sanity had a chance!
- Why Preschool Shouldn't Be Like School -- figuring things out trumps having it explained every time. More in a similar vein: Let Preschoolers Play!
- Stealing from Kids, Part II -- we can't forget to teach minimal self-sufficiency.
- A mom comes up with a project in which her kids can earn badges for mastering skills around the house, from pumping up a tire to sewing to reading a map. Fun and empowering!!
- Mother of all recessions -- finances are forcing some women off the "mommy track" and back into the workforce, which may be just as well... (a friend of mine is quoted here! :)
- Outrage of the Week: Mandatory Fingerprinting for Little League Vols
- Slut-Shaming on the Playground -- it's never too early to counter antifeminist memes
- TEDxObserver talk on kids and privacy -- Cory Doctorow reassures and challenges parents whose kids are online.
- Suicide-Proof Your Teen (as Much as You Can)
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Link dump: parenting-related
Arranged loosely by age of child...