- School Officials Often React Poorly to Student Suicides, Experts Say -- many of the classic actions to help the community mourn actually glorify the act of suicide and encourage others to consider it (!)
- Why Do Americans Pay More For Healthcare? -- summarized in visual form, and likely not the reasons you may have been told...
- Eight facts and three thoughts about Social Security -- also not what tends to get discussed, but important facts and conclusions here
- Cartoon: The Wage Gap and Women’s Choices -- seems so obvious, but...
- South Dakota Banning Abortion Without Banning Abortion?
- Scott Walker wants you to die alone if you married the wrong person -- to whom else can this putz flip the bird?
- Top Doctors Opt Out of Airport Security Scans -- make of it what you will
- Former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill compared lawmakers trying to block raising the debt ceiling to "al Qaeda terrorists."
- CBO: GOP Budget Would Increase Debt, Then Stick It To Medicare Patients
- Reading Is Fundamental Funding Eliminated -- and this one is already done
- Barbour Says Everyone In Mississippi Has Access To Health Care -- But 18% Are Uninsured -- yes, folks, these are your elected representatives!
- Poll: Miss. Republicans think inter-racial marriage should be illegal -- I'm constantly amazed to learn what decade/century we live in...
- How Quickly We Forget -- race isn't the only thing driving right-wing fervor against Obama
- He Won -- bin Laden, that is; we've sold our liberties for "security" in too many ways...
- To *enter* the post office in downtown Athens, US Marshals are demanding photo ID -- what on earth?!?
Friday, May 20, 2011
Link dump: Latest outrages and frustrations
Man, most of these deserve a freestanding post, dissection, pull-quotes... but it's just not going to happen. Here's a heap of things that just make me want to cry in a darkened room (or maybe bite somebody).