- Your iPhone is tracking your movements. No really, and there seems to be no workaround.
Edit: since this was discovered, it's been fixed in an operating system patch, so if you're updating, you should be ok. reminder to stay alert!
- Authorities finally admit that all three reactors at Fukushima melted down -- honesty is good but doesn't really help with damage mitigation...
- DHS documents show agency isn't sure pornoscanners are safe -- but really, everything is fine! don't look over here!!
- This is what happens when we don't vaccinate -- outbreaks, at huge public cost
- Why A Power Of Attorney Is No Substitute For Marriage When A Loved One Is In The Hospital -- imagine not being able to hold a loved one's hand in their final hours, because paperwork was being investigated several states away
- CHART: Bush Policies Dominant Cause Of National Debt -- those tax cuts have cost us more than our economic woes + ongoing Middle East wars combined!
- Chart Of The Day: For American Workers, No Economic Recovery -- suck it up, peons!!
- Schumer: Republicans’ ‘Slash-And-Burn’ Policies May Be Effort To Sabotage Economy -- win the election at the cost of the economy! sigh.
- Medicaid a Big Deal Too -- people forget how much of the elder population relies on Medicaid when nursing home time comes
- Tipping point for severe climate change already reached -- well THAT's not good news!
- Wonkbook: What a Nobel prize won’t get you -- apparently a label of "qualified" from the U.S. Senate
- Hollerin’ Season -- what it's like to be subjected to sexual harrassment (or steeled against it) everywhere you go
- The Women Men Won't See -- an amazing story of a female comics enthusiast being treated like she literally isn't present in the store
- Is Roe safe? Absolutely not. -- not a good time for complacency
- Common Hour: The Promise and Perils of Hook-Up Culture (video) -- in some ways reassuring, but paints a deeply depressing image of sexual relations on campuses today
- The Secret History of Iraq’s Invisible War -- an amazing story of immense financial investment into fancy technology to counter low-tech methods of terrorist assault
- Afghanistan, the Barking Dog -- a great visual summary of our flailings there
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Accidental free-time this afternoon! Let's get some recent infuriators out of the tab-heap! (with apologies for how old some of these are...)